1. Wash and cut paneer into one and a half inch
sized squares of half inch thickness. Peel, wash and grind ginger
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add besan and cook until
it emits a fragrant aroma, remove from heat and add turmeric powder.
Cool flour and transfer into a bowl.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, white pepper powder,
salt, lemon juice, green cardamom powder, fennel powder, saffron
and fresh cream. Whisk well to make a batter.
4. Add paneer cubes to the batter and marinate
for at least an hour.
5. Thread paneer cubes onto skewers two centimeters
6. Roast in a tandoor/charcoal grill for five minutes,
basting with melted butter occasionally till the tikkas are golden
7. Alternatively you can cook the tikkas in a convection
oven or on a grill. Preheat the oven to 220 C and cook for three
minutes on either side, basting once with butter in between.
8. Remove and sprinkle with chaat masala powder
and lemon juice. Serve with chutney of your choice.