OF PREPARATION :-
1. Wash and soak rice and black gram split with
fenugreek seeds in three cups of water for three to four hours.
Drain water and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Add turmeric powder, peppercorns, Bengal gram
split, yogurt, asafetida, ghee and salt. Mix well and let it stand
overnight to ferment.
3. Whip batter and adjust consistency adding required
quantity of water. It should be fairly thick.
4. Line idli cups with banana leaves and pour butter
5. Steam for about twenty minutes or till done.
6. Serve with coconut chutney and sambhar.